Monday, May 12, 2008

The following is taken from the IRS website...they are so helpful!

Q. I chose direct deposit for my 2007 tax refund but also requested a refund anticipation loan (RAL) from my preparer. How does that affect my stimulus payment?

A. Taxpayers who use Refund Anticipation Loans (RALs) or enter into any other loans or financial agreements with a tax professional, such as agreeing to have return preparation fees deducted from their refunds, cannot receive their stimulus payments by direct deposit and instead will get paper checks based on the paper check distribution schedule.



Can I just say this: What a bunch of stinky cat poop! Our taxes were done in February. Our refund was direct deposited, but since I prepared them online and paid for the service out of my refund, I can't get a STIMULUS CHECK direct deposited? Based on SSN, we should have seen money by Friday, but I am told I must wait for a paper check. Again, I say stinky cat poop. I would really like to say more but, alas, I digress. I shall refrain from turning this into a rant about government, and how this just seems typical.

I made my point.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Teagan Riley Clark